Welcome to Episode #17 of “This is a Thing” the Greater Boston arts podcast. This week a chat with actor Kyle VanZandt! And because I can’t help myself, I’d like to say that if you don’t have tickets to see BootyCandy at Speakeasy stage, you’re not living life right. The show is FANTASTIC. I cried twice in between laughing my face off. Maybe Maurice Parent moon walks. Maybe Jackie Davis does a turn that’s Claire Huxtable on steroids in all the best ways. Maybe they take you to church. Definitely, the entire casting will BRING IT. Don’t worry about it… just GO(probably don’t bring any children).
Anywho, back to this episode, my conversation with wonderful Kyle took some twists and turns, but I loved every minute! We discussed:
- The stage movement technique of Andrei Droznin
- Songs for a New World and Jason Robert Brown
- Konstantin Stanisalavski
- Chekhov’s Three Sisters. We remembered the Arts Emerson director! fantastic Lev Dodin.
- The Shadow by Yevgeny Shvart
- The A.R.T Institute at Harvard University
- The works of Eugene O’Neill
- Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812
- The musical “Once”
- The Donkey Show at Oberon (find Kyle and his beau in the short shorts here)
- Shout out’s to Phil Tayler, Allegra Libonati and Jackie Theoharis
- What the heck is the point of Google Plus?!? Someone help us!
- Gift for you- Kyle’s shoes!
- Help this adorable super talented guy out with his showcase fund! You can donate here!
- See Kyle in A Big Mess in May, in the Donkey Show throughout April
- Kyle’s not in this one, but support the Institute and see Dying For It
Executive producer: Kerri Wilson
Logo: John Pepe