Welcome to Episode #15 of “This is a Thing”, featuring Weylin Symes, artistic director for Stoneham Theatre! I really enjoyed my conversation with him and I think you will too!
Here’s a sneak peek into our discussion:
- Weylin couldn’t announce Stoneham Theatre’s 2017 Season at the time of this interview BUT if you head over to the Stoneham website, it has been announced!
- Weylin’s time at NYU in the Gallatin School and the Tisch Experimental Theater Wing
- The work of Richard Nelson and The Apple Family Plays. See one
- Un-Orthodox TV channels. Need a channel for your cat to watch all day long? Look here. Miss the Yule log station? It’s online! Here you go. Want to know how to build a fire? Maybe Norway’s NRK will bring this program back. You’re welcome.
- Shout out’s to Gloucester Stage Company, Door County’s Northern Sky Theater(American Folklore Theater).
- Karen McDonald, sigh.
- Lobster Girl and Steve Barkheimer! Professor Sharktopuss?!? Yaassssss!
- Stella by Starlight, take a listen.
- I don’t know how it would be possible, but if you’ve never seen the ASPCA commercial we discuss, get some tissues, and click here. If that commercial bummed you out and you need something to make you laugh, “Funny or Die!” has given us this gift. And I was correct, Sarah Mclachlan told the Huffington Post that she can’t watch the commercials either.
- Please go see the upcoming shows at Stoneham! Get your tickets for Sweet Charity(look for me dancing) opening March 31st, Laura opening May 5th, Lobster Girl opening June 9.
Executive producer: Kerri Wilson
Logo: John Pepe