Yes, that’s right, we discuss Fox’s broadcast theatrical extravaganza(those words can be smashed together, right?), a.k.a. Grease Live! Who is “we”? I’m joined by 3 delightful performers, Shonna Cirone, Jenna Lea Scott and Sam Simahk. We had the privilege of having our discussion on the set of “Sondheim on Sondheim”, so a BIG thank you to Lyric Stage Company of Boston!
Here’s a run-down of other items we discussed:
- We join many other people in offering love and respect to Vanessa Hudgens for rocking it as Rizzo while coping with the loss of her father.
- Maurice Parent, you have left your mark on this podcast….
- Did Grease Live! make anyone else think of Saved By The Bell? Was it filmed on a remnant of the SBTB set? Most likely not, but click here and watch the video because it’s my FAVORITE.
- Find the Grease 2 references mystifying? Drop everything and check out Cool Rider and Score Tonight.
- John.Secada. Boom.
- Please, PLEASE tell me you understood the discussion about the Back to the Future DeLorean, because (sigh)…. just…..i can’t…oof. If you didn’t, don’t tell me, just click here.
- Go see my guests and their work! See Shonna in, “A Little Night Music”, at Next Door Theater. Head over and click “like” on the Facebook page for Jenna’s new theater endeavor, The Glass Curtain Company, and check her out in “Dogfight” at Speakeasy Stage Company in the Spring. Hurry and purchase your tickets to see Sam in “Sondheim on Sondheim” at Lyric Stage Company.
Executive producer: Kerri Wilson
Logo: John Pepe